Thursday, October 13

Prologue.


A few months ago, the idea of creating a blog hit me. I was inspired by the people who also run blogs themselves. Theater related, that is. These blogs contain everything about theater - from scoops about new productions, reviews for plays and musicals they've seen, photos of the show and the actors and the fun of stagedooring. I, too, am an actor in a community theater and a fanboy at the same time. I do believe that these people, from actors and the people behind the curtain, should be praised and to be look up to. The craft and the verb of acting isn't an easy darn job, you know. By then, the idea of sharing my personal opinion through blogging came to my senses.


Also, I was seemingly moved by the fact that these people is able to express their thoughts regarding the world we want to live in - a world where your neighbors are actors, places are movable sets, houses are auditoriums. A world where your alarm and lullaby are the applause of the people around you, where belting a high note wouldn't be a shame, where the spotlight is your sun. A world where everybody loves everybody for expressing themselves. A world where Broadway is just on the next block. Yes, this is the world of Theater.

 And so now, here I am, letting my fingertips do the talking.

1 comment:

  1. Hello there, Mikko,

    Thank you very much for sharing your brand new blog site with me.

    Our theater scene back in the Philippines is thriving, and it’d be awesome to have more people writing about our chosen art form. Don’t be afraid of writing blogs: As long as you write from the heart, you'll be fine. You can improve your writing skills by continually reading, committing and correcting grammatical, syntax mistakes, and editing your work. Writing is a skill set; ergo, it can be learned.

    Spread Broadway Love,

    Oliver

    ReplyDelete